DUARTE, Calif., June 27, 2019
Prolacta Bioscience Launches Women’s Leadership Development Academy
– Prolacta Bioscience®
, the world’s leading hospital provider of 100% human milk-based nutritional products, has launched a Women’s Leadership Development Academy (WLDA) dedicated to supporting the professional advancement of Prolacta’s female employees. Under the leadership of Dr. Aly Fuller, Vice President, Intellectual Property, the WLDA’s mission is to promote leadership and development by enhancing internal education, mentorship and access to networking opportunities.
“Innovation is born in diversity,” said Fuller, who is one of 23 women on the WLDA’s senior leadership steering committee. “By providing women opportunities to find mentors, learn leadership skills and build relationships, we are not only strengthening them individually — the effects will also impact Prolacta’s mission and contribute to saving lives.”
The data is clear about diverse teams: a study of public biotech companies found that companies with above-average diversity on their management teams reported a 19% increase in innovation income.
Additionally, companies in the top 25th percentile for gender diversity on their executive teams were 21% more likely to experience above-average profits.
Recognizing the potential for innovation born from a diverse workforce, the group’s leadership team explained the WLDA’s key initiatives at the inaugural meeting:
- Education and training – Prolacta will provide a platform to discuss topics relevant to female leadership, hold quarterly meetings with outside speakers, and provide workshops on self-evaluation and self-advocacy and access to an online library of professional development resources.
- Networking, mentoring and career advancement – Networking events will allow cross-departmental groups to share areas of professional expertise, interests and hobbies. There will also be facilitation of one-on-one discussions around member career and educational aspirations.
- Family leave and liaison program – Members will have access to resources for navigating family leave and the opportunity to build a network of expectant and current parent colleagues.
- Community outreach – The WLDA will offer staff the chance to volunteer and give back directly to local organizations focused on women and girls, such as the Duarte Teen Center, Duarte High School, the Boys and Girls Club of the Foothills and the Boys and Girls Clubs of West San Gabriel Valley.
- Advocacy – An advocacy committee will help female employees navigate their career path and self-advocate, as well as influence internal HR policies.
“As the leader in human milk science, we are so proud to launch an initiative that supports and celebrates the contributions women are making for our organization every day,” Prolacta CEO Scott Elster said.
About Prolacta Bioscience
Inc. is a privately held life sciences company dedicated to Advancing the Science of Human Milk®
. Prolacta is the world’s leading hospital provider of 100% human milk-based nutritional products that are changing the standard of care for extremely premature infants. In addition, the company is exploring the therapeutic potential of human milk across a wide spectrum of human diseases, including applications for infants requiring surgery for congenital cardiac and gastrointestinal disorders. Operating the world’s first pharmaceutical-grade human milk processing facilities, Prolacta leads the industry with the highest quality and safety standards for the screening and testing of donor milk. Prolacta is a global company with headquarters in Duarte, California.