Working with hospitals to end milk shortages with the highest quality donor human milk available.
The potent benefits of human milk are such that all preterm infants should receive human milk. Mother’s own milk, fresh or frozen, should be the primary diet. If unavailable, pasteurized donor milk should be used.1 Because of milk’s benefits, there has been an increase in demand for donor milk which is leading to shortages among milk banks. Such shortages pose a real concern for hospitals—a patient who must switch from donor human milk to infant formula may experience medical complications (including Necrotizing Enterocolitis), which are not only devastating but have significant economic consequences. With Prolacta, premature infants receive a guaranteed supply of the safest, standardized donor milk*.
Hospital Donor Milk Program
Preemies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) are in need of safe, human milk- based formulations when mother’s own milk is unavailable. Premature infants are only started on an exclusive human milk diet if the hospital can be certain of the continuous availability of pasteurized donor human milk. Due to its unmatched technology, safety and processing capabilities, Prolacta has set the new standard of nutritional care in NICUs for fragile, premature infants by offering innovative, 100% human milk-based formulations and a unique hospital donor milk program. Only Prolacta Bioscience can provide an extremely safe, convenient and predictable solution for the NICU.
In an effort to provide standardized donor milk to at-risk premature NICU infants, Prolacta Bioscience offers a contracted donor milk program developed to enable hospital NICUs to achieve three specific goals:
- Provide standardized donor milk to their most vulnerable preterm infants to reduce medical complications and subsequent costs
- Ensure the donor milk provided meets industry-leading quality standards
- Secure an adequate and guaranteed supply of donor milk to avoid shortages**
Hospital Donor Milk Program Benefits:
- Supports 100% human milk feeding initiatives
- Discount off donor milk list price*
- Co-branded educational materials, website and promotional support (optional)
Contact Us For More Information
* Based on hospital-provided usage guarantee
**Based on the hospital’s estimated usage
1. American Academy of Pediatrics, “Breastfeeding and the Use of Human Milk.” Pediatrics. 2012;129:e827
2. Data on file and available upon request