Donor Human Milk
Pasteurized. Standardized. Quality Assured.
The benefits of breastfeeding are well established, and breastfeeding is highly recommended by healthcare professionals.1 Mother’s own milk and donor human milk (when mother’s own milk is not available) are rapidly becoming the standard of care for feeding all premature infants. Your NICU can depend on Prolacta for the safest, highest quality donor human milk – with no supply shortages.
- “Breastfeeding and human milk are the normative standards for infant feeding and nutrition.”
- “The potent benefits of human milk are such that all preterm infants should receive human milk.”
- “If mother’s own milk is unavailable…pasteurized donor milk should be used.”
—American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Policy on Breastfeeding and the Use of Human Milk2
- The first donor human milk formulated to a minimum of 20 Cal/fl oz
- The first donor human milk to provide an average of 1.1 g protein/100mL3
- Labeled in accordance with FDA food labeling requirements
- Two-year shelf life supported by real-time stability studies3
- Can be administered up to 48 hours after the thawing process begins3
Available in Two Sizes for Flexibility in Feeding Your Premature Infants
For early/trophic feeds.
- This product may be used as a trophic feed to "prime the gut" for larger enteral feeds without wasting large amounts of donor milk.
- Available in a 10 mL volume.
- Product Code: 92003-10N.
For full feeds.
- This product is ideal for use alone or with
Prolact+ H2MF® human milk fortifier when mother's milk is unavailable.
- Available in a 4 oz. volume.
- Product Code: 93000-118
Industry-Leading Quality and Safety
- The only donor human milk verified by DNA matching to the donor
- Milk is tested for B. cereus and for adulteration, nicotine, and drugs of abuse
- Each donation is tested using nucleic acid testing for HIV-1 & 2, HTLV I & II, HBV, HCV, syphilis, and ZIKV
- Processed in a pharmaceutical-grade manufacturing facility
Click here to view details on the testing, screening, and standardized production process.>>
Only Prolacta offers a guaranteed supply of donor human milk based on your NICU’s usage forecast – that means no more milk shortages.
Lower Pricing Available*
Prolacta now offers lower pricing on both PremieLact and Prolact HM.
*With a committed purchase agreement.
- Use of donor human milk. U.S. Food and Drug Administration website. www.fda.gov/ScienceResearch/SpecialTopics/PediatricTherapeuticsResearch/ucm235203.htm. Updated August 7, 2015. Accessed September 23, 2016.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Breastfeeding. Breastfeeding and the use of human milk [published online February 27, 2012]. Pediatrics. doi:10.1542/peds.2011-3552.
- Data on file and available upon request.