CE webinar: PNANN 2021 Conference
Sign Up for Webinar
Part I: Feeding Intolerance - Not A Part of a NICU Stay
- Discuss the definition of feeding intolerance and how it can vary
- Understand the literature regarding the assessment of gastric aspirates in the preterm infant
- Discuss the costs of feeding intolerance
- Develop a unit-specific definition of feeding intolerance
Part II: Preventing Retinopathy in the Very Low Birth Weight Infant - The Role of Nutrition and Exclusive Human Milk
- Understand the pathophysiology of retinopathy of prematurity
- Review the evidence of nutrition effects on retinopathy of prematurity
Part III: Developmental Care of the Premature Infant
- Understand the physiology of neurodevelopment in the fetus
- Discuss the role the physical environment plays in neurodevelopmental outcomes
- Discuss developmental care practices and their potential impact on the premature infant
This 3- hour presentation is designed for the healthcare professional caring for premature infants.
Provided by Kendra Schreiner, RN, 18160 Cottonwood Rd., PMB 352, Sunriver, OR, an independent provider approved by the CA Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #15828.